Discover the best crime and thriller books of all time. Read and write book reviews about your favourite Dagger-listed books. We accept literate and considered reviews from everyone.
The CWA passionately believes in libraries and, while taking no active political role, works where it can to support and encourage their work.
The Dagger in the Library is a prize for a crime writer whose body of work appeals to users of libraries and reading groups.
Download posters for the Dagger in the Library here.
- Dagger in the Library is open for nominations from libraries until 15 December. Go to For Libraries for details and to nominate.
- Nominations from publishers for most CWA Daggers open in the summer and finish at the end of the following February. They are for books published between April of one year and March of the next.
- Longlists are traditionally announced in May at CrimeFest.
- Shortlists are announced later in the summer.
- Winners are announced at an event held later in the year.
As a result, the Dagger Reads site is active between the announcement of the longlists in May and the end of the year. Reviews can only be submitted during that time.
Don’t know where to go for more info on crime books between January and May? Try our National Crime Reading Month site, which details killer events and activities up and down the country connected with crime writers and crime writing.
Dagger Awards Dinner 2016